Ulpan.com's daily dose of Hebrew Headline Animator

4/13/12

SHABBATH SHALOM and good YOM TOV




And in that day you will say: I offer thanks to You, O G-d, that You were wrathful with me; Your anger is turned away, and You do comfort me.
Behold, G-d is my salvation, I will trust, and not be afraid ; for G-d is my strength and my song, He also is become my salvation.
With joy shall you draw water out of the wells of salvation.
And in that day shall you say: Praise G-d, call upon His name, declare His doings among the people, make mention that His name is exalted.
Sing to G-d, for He has done great things; this is known in all the earth.
Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.


ACHARON SHEL PESACH


Moshiach's Meal
The last day of Passover ("Acharon Shel Pesach") is particularly associated with Moshiach and the future redemption. The Haftarah  for this day is from Isaiah 11, which describes the promised future era of universal peace and divine perfection. Rav Israel Baal Shem Tov instituted the custom of partaking of a "Moshiach's meal" on the afternoon of the last day of Passover; in addition to the matzah eaten at "Moshiach's meal", the Rebbes of Chabad added the custom of drinking four cups of wine, as in the seder held on Passover's first days.

No comments:

Post a Comment